Frequently asked questions

Fee Assessment Board Pilot

How will the FAB assess my fees?
A formula will automatically assess your fees based on your income, assets, and liabilities taking into account your family size, housing situation, childcare fees and other relevant factors. You will not be required to provide information regarding your household expenses, as they will be based on the average cost of living for Jewish households in Victoria. Your form will be anonymised before being submitted to the FAB to consider any special circumstances you may be experiencing.

What supporting documentation will I be required to provide?
If you are short listed for a place, you will be required to provide a Statutory Declaration confirming the information in the application form is true and correct. Other supporting documentation, such as tax returns, trust documents or mortgage statements may be required depending on your application.

Can I apply for a fee assessment for my child who is currently attending a Jewish school?
No. Parents can only apply to the FAB if their child is attending a government school.

My financial situation is very variable and changes each year. How do I complete the application form?
You provide financial information for the most recent twelve-month period. You will be reassessed each year, based on your current financial circumstances.

I have an investment property. Am I still eligible to apply?
You may still be eligible depending on the value of your investments. Applicants who exceed the maximum asset threshold will not be eligible to apply.

What if I have exceptional circumstances that impact my ability to pay fees?
You are encouraged to include any exceptional circumstances that impact your ability to pay fees in your Application Form and the FAB may take those circumstances into account when assessing your fees.  

I am separated or divorced. How do I apply?
Each parent completes a separate Application Form, and the applications will be jointly assessed, to determine your fee contribution. 

Does the fee assessment include all fees, levies and associated charges?
Yes, other than application fees, transport fees, laptops, school camps, consumables (such as books) and non-compulsory school programs.